Saturday, January 26, 2013

What if I was to write today?  Just write and write and write...oh wait - should that have read, "what if I were to write today?  Here we go - one sentence in and the editor is already working.  But whatever.  I know that writers write...and if I want to be a writer I need to write.  I have time during my days to do this - yet I don't.  Still working on uncovering the obstacle.  Sometimes I think if I could just go away for a week...actually I probably can.  That would be my test.  I will either write or I won't.  Lord knows I have had some really good ideas to write about.  But don't.  But The Daily E-Mo - Geranium Farm, or Anne Lamott, that's my genre.  I could do this...but I don't.  Well, not consistently.  Sporadically speaking here I am again...writing about not writing.  SMH.  This is absurd.  And yesterday I had 2 really good themes to work w/but a day later, not having written them down, I once again am writing about not writing.
Well, there was the chicken - who I know should have some kind of profound lesson for me, thus the world, that I could use...the fact that one little chicken has been sitting on a clutch since before Thanksgiving...with one or two forays from the nest.  It has to be more however or I don't think the poor girl would be alive.  But 2 days ago, after observing for so many days straight that she was still on that nest, I picked her up and put her in the coop with the others.  I mean, her clutch was in the wagon seat, in the barn, no protection from the icy cold of this month and it just didn't seem right to let her stay there any longer, even though seeing her there every morning was something I contemplated in the hopes it would inspire some insightful meaningful work on my part.  Finally it just got to be too much.  I mean her persistence is indeed admirable...but after so long with NO possible hope that the eggs would hatch?  It just got sad.  So, is there a lesson in there about knowing when to keep pursuing something and knowing when to stop, to let go, to move on?  I don't know - you tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment